Sunday, November 13, 2016

Protests continue

Protests continued yesterday, so Facebook posts continued to be filled with Clinton supporters criticizing Trump and his supporters. I haven't responded because I haven't been asked to and I've learned if you preach the word to those who didn't ask for it, then they usually hate you for it; but if you preach the Word to wise people who ask you, then they love you for it. It seems the wise are refraining from posting to Facebook, so I am too.

If I were to look for a Catholic analogy, it would be the sinner pounding his breast asking for God's mercy (Trump supporters) and the self-righteous pharisee praying to himself (Clinton supporters).

Other analogies could come from the Franciscan (Christian) precepts:
12. Love others
13. Accept others joyfully
18. Respect all creatures
19. Seek unity

Even more analogies could come from the Taoist precepts:
5. I do not judge others.
8. I go with and not against the nature of things.
10. I suspend my belief in opposites by seeing myself in all.
17. I trust that others know what is best for them.
18. I do not need rules to be kind and just.
22. I resist brokenness by being flexible and bending to storms.
26. I can remain poised regardless of what goes before me.
30. What uses force will decay.
31. I allow my best to shine by loving where there was hatred.
43. The softest overrides the hardest of things.
45. My inner peace is my true gauge of achievement
49. It is my choice to be kind because that is all I have to give.
55. I get cooperation when I stop trying to control others' lives, including mine.
56. Those who talk do not know. Those who know, do not talk.
57. I let others live by their rules. I am free to live by mine.
61. By staying calm and under the radar, friends will trust me.
65. I will be guided if I know that I do not know.
68. What I fight weakens me. What I cooperate with strengthens me.
73. I listen more and speak less.
75. I place less demands on others and myself and am free to just be.
76. I am strong by being soft/pliable rather than hard/brittle.
78. I remain serene amidst sorrow to prevent evil from entering me.
79. I return kindness for injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment