Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Pentecost

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us."
-Romans 8:18

If a thousand years are like a watch in the night, our life is less than a night, so we should be able to put up with anything if we remain focused on splendor that awaits us in the morning (at the end of our lives). With little kids around the house, sometimes both the nights and days seem long. One parent of a two-year-old honestly didn't seem to know how I did it with girls 1, 4, 6, and 31 in my house. First of all, I've gotten used to it, but I got used to it because God gives me everything I need. Before I got married or had any of the kids, I didn't have an accurate picture of what it was going to be like, but when the time came I always felt confident I could handle it. Aside from just surviving, some parents feel having more kids might take away the love and attention they give their other kids, but God seems to give you more love to give away, so no one is losing out on love, although they might not be getting as much inheritance money when it's all said and done. By that time though, the inheritance money won't seem important anyway, because even though thousands of dollars seems like a lot when you are saving your quarters for a new Disney toy, thousands of dollars usually aren't a big deal when inheritances typically come people's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment