Sunday, July 3, 2011

Closed-minded Goliath

"When he had sized David up, and seen that he was youthful, and ruddy, and handsome in appearance, he held him in contempt."
-1 Samuel 17:42

It's not so surprising that Goliath held David in contempt, but it is interesting why. Children don't often get the respect that thier ideas warrant because of their appearance. Even when I was new to a job, certain groups didn't seem open to my ideas because of my age or experience. Fortunately, I could usually put my ideas through to someone who wasn't so closed-minded and who the group was also receptive to, so the idea could be implemented for the greater good. I like writing for similar reasons. I wish there was a way to make more people open-minded to what was being said and not on who's saying it. Granted, some kids are immature, but some are more mature than other adults I know. Maturity doesn't always come with age. Being more open-minded is a good way to make sure you grow in maturity in your faith as the years go by, so you can better articulate why you believe what you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment