Saturday, August 6, 2016

Even the kitchen sink

So, I got up early to start and finish Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, which Claire borrowed from Katie Thursday at XC practice. She read it yesterday before we got to Idlewild and will return it at practice Monday, so I did that. It took longer than I planned because while I was reading by the kitchen window this morning, I noticed a leak with the kitchen faucet. I thought I just needed to put a new washer in, but I needed a whole new stem. I had washers, but I didn't have a stem, so I put everything back together until I could get a stem. I turned the water valve back on and there were no new leaks, so I thought that was it. However, when the water handle was turned on, the water wouldn't stop completely, so I had to shut that valve off again and go our for a new stem. Ace didn't have the right one. Lowe's didn't have the right one, but recommended Plumber's Equipment on Babcock. Home Depot didn't even come close other than recommending contacting Delta directly. Plumber's Equipment closed at noon, so it will have to wait until Monday. Hopefully, they have it and I don't have to wait for Delta to send me one.

No comments:

Post a Comment