Saturday, September 17, 2016

Mistakes were made

We finished the Book Fair yesterday around 1:00 and I tried to finalize our financial statement by 3:00. There's an easy summary that you can print out from the scanner and input online, so that's what I did. The print out said I should have 29 credit card records and I did, but it said the total should come out to $605 and it was $590 instead. I was also expecting a record to be missing because of a receipt misfeed we had earlier that week on a credit card transaction. That missing transaction could have been for $15, but then I would have 30 records and not 29. In any case, I used what was on the print-out because that's what I'm supposed to do. After I submitted it and was putting the other summaries away, I found a print-out with 30 records. I was using the wrong print-out to finalize things online. I can't edit a finalized statement online, so I have to call customer service and go from there. I am disappointed in myself.

I had all of this on my mind when I got to go watch Sarah race at St. Mary's. They did well, but there were no results sent yet because the coaches were getting ready for a middle school girls race today, which became another story in itself. At least I have a lot of anxiety to offer up to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment