Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Attention 7th and 8th grade teachers!

In regards to my school work, I must not talk or write about it much because one of my friends from work was surprised to hear that I expected to take 12 credits next year. I've taken 12 credits the last four years. I suppose regular readers of this blog may have been equally surprised. It's something that just doesn't up in conversation much. However, I bring it up now because I'm doing a study on whether 7th and 8th graders read better from print books or e-readers and need volunteer 7th and 8th grade teachers. It will take one 40-minute period next school on the day of the teacher's choice as long as they have Accelerated Reader and enough computers for half the class. I'll supply the e-books and books and explain the nitty gritty details once they are finalized. Two schools have already agreed to participate because each school gets the results and could use the results in applying for grants, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment