Saturday, April 28, 2012

Libraries

I wouldn't say I have a love/hate relationship with my local library, but love/annoyed might be appropriate. I love the library and know that their state funding is being cut just like our local school districts while other areas closer to the Governor are seeing increases. Since we use the library so much, I thought I would make a donation when they asked for one. I gave $100 last week.

Today, my wife got a call that a book we returned three weeks ago had mold on it, so we'll have to pay $18.99. I don't believe it had mold on it when we returned it, so I don't think we should pay. Furthermore, the $18.99 represents $13.99 for the replacement and $5.00 for a shelving fee. The same book is $3.99 new and $0.99 used online. I can't imagine S & H is $10.00. I know times are tough, but I don't think they should take advantage of users that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment