Monday, June 13, 2016

Be who God made you to be

I have seen the phrase "be you" a lot this week. My daughter wears a shirt that says "Be-you-tiful" that I like, but I feel like there should be an asterisk or something more for a number of reasons. We are all sinners, but we don't (or shouldn't) want to be sinners. There's a verse I recall that sounds like it's from Paul that goes something like "I don't do the good that I want to do, but do the sin that I do not want to do." The confusion may arise from the fact that it's our heart/mind/soul that wants to do good, but it's our bodily impulses that make us sin. Some may confuse these bodily impulses with what they think they "want" to do. That may be natural, but we're called to be open to God's grace to act supernaturally. That's basically my letter for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment