Monday, June 27, 2016

The Road to Daybreak

I just finished The Road to Daybreak by Henri Nouwen. The thing that stuck with me from this one was that the most personal is the most universal. I don't write about my emotions much, but it might help if I did. On the other hand, I've also realized how inconsequential writing may be, as much as I like it. Jesus didn't write anything. He lived his life and others wrote about him. That may be the way I am supposed to follow Him too.

I don't know how this ties in with anything from last week. We went to Idlewild again on Wednesday and I wore a shirt swimming to avoid getting burned. I took the car in on Friday to have the dashboard replaced, but they just took pictures and will call me when they have the parts. My mom celebrated her 63rd birthday this week. Kelly hosted the party on Saturday and Mary baked the cake that Mary wanted to bake (and bought the cake that my mom wanted bought). Yesterday, Nancy and Sarah went to visit Ashley, and then I took the girls over to my parents' house to swim even though they were going out to see the new Dory movie. Mary was there doing homework when we arrived and my parents showed before we left.

PS - This is the book that referred to Rembrandt's Pilgrims at Emmaus and Rublev's Trinity Icon. I may purchase those for my library if they are already in the books at my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment