Monday, July 4, 2016

Deep and Simple

In reading Deep & Simple by Bo Lozoff, I came across this prayer by Mother Teresa that I want to share:

Deliver me, O Jesus, from the desire
of being loved, of being extolled,
of being honored, of being praised,
of being preferred, of being consulted,
of being approved, of being popular,

From the fear of being humiliated, of being despised,
of suffering rebukes, of being calumniated,
of being forgotten, of being wronged,
of being ridiculed, of being suspected.

That others may be loved more than I,
Jesus grant me the grace to desire it.
That others may be more esteemed than I,
That (in the opinion of the world) others may increase and I decrease,
That others be chosen, and I set aside,
That others be praised, and I unnoticed,
That others be preferred to me in everything,
That others become holier than me,
provided I become as holy as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment