Thursday, October 6, 2011

Continued

The same theme of taunting continues in today's reading from Isaiah 37:21-35. Naturally, the first thing that came to my mind yesterday was personal attacks. Today, with Open House tonight, I am thinking about professional attacks. I teach 7th-8th grade math to students that struggle, whether it be because of a learning disability, mental retardation, autism, or some other reason. I have worked with a lot of great teachers over the years. Not every special education teacher is so lucky, nor is every student for that matter. Education comes under attack from some parents, some politicians, and others. Whether it is calculated or just out of ignorance, it is still upsetting that most of the accusations are unfounded, yet take time away from teaching because they still have to be addressed, especially when they come from the Governor of the state. I feel like saying, "I don't know what else to do, but pray," but I should say, "At least I know what to do: pray."

No comments:

Post a Comment