Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Taunting

Today, in 2 Kings 19, those who taunted are discussed. They couldn't see a way to be saved from the taunter, but had faith that they would. That's hard to do, especially for kids. I used to get upset a lot, but I don't have to any more because I have an inner confidence that doesn't rely on what peers think. I've also come to consider people that are rude enough to taunt beneath me and not worthy of the term "peer" whether they are my age or not. That inner confidence again isn't mine, but it comes from God and is available to anyone who seeks it from him...even you if you are reading this and don't think you have what it takes. I don't have what it takes either, but God gave me the strength that it takes and can do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment