Friday, October 14, 2011

Weighing on my mind

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PPL.HTM

It's early in the morning and there are already a lot of things weighing on my mind. Sometimes I find myself thinking about illegal immigrants because I just took a survey concerning them yesterday and today's reading talks about not oppressing them. I think illegal immigrants should be treated fairly, but I don't think that means giving them a free ride. I can only imagine what it must be like to be an illegal alien, but I feel I would want a sense of respect. I would want to feel I earned what I got. I wouldn't want hand-outs, but I would be open to a hand-up. Show me how I can earn the handouts others offer.

Now without a proper transition because my thoughts don't transition properly, my friend is seriously making a movie of MacBeth for the big screen. I want to help him, but I don't know if spamming my other friends is best. I'd much rather front an amount of money that I think spamming my other friends would generate to help him out since the donation is tax-deductible. On the other hand, I have never donated money to the arts because I always felt that if I had money to donate it should feed the hungry and teach them how to escape poverty, so they aren't hungry again. Of course, I invest money instead of giving it away sometimes, so I'll have more money to give later, but I don't think donating to the arts will have as great a return to the needy as direct donations or investing in my education would have because I don't think those benefiting from the movie would contribute as much as I do, but I have nothing to support that claim. I don't know if these are generous people or not. I just know that my friend is a good friend, so I think I've talked myself into praying for his efforts, of course. I am also going to pray for guidance for myself, so that I continue to be the best steward of the gifts God has given me as I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment