Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Real Deal

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PPI.HTM

So my principal is talking to someone else and refers to me saying, "He's probably laughing at us because he's the real deal. He's probably read the Bible a couple of times and understood it." If I had been prepared, I probably could have added something to that conversation besides smiling politely and continuing on to where I was headed. My thoughts were along the lines of, well, I have read the Bible few times, but each time I read it, I understand it more. I understand it enough to not laugh at someone who is trying to understand it better even if they have never opened a Bible before.

I can't tell how this will come off in print, so I feel the need to clarify that the comment was good-natured. I have spoken with my principal about faith on several occasions. I found out he even used to go to weekday mass even though he was a Protestant because "it was a nice way to start the day." He's a good guy.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being patient with your principal. What an opportunity you have in praying for him. Having been a principal not to long ago, being fair and kind is so important. The role of a leader is that of a servant, putting the welfare of the staff and students first. We sometimes become vulnerable in leadership when divisive issues come to the forefront and we desperately search for a friend amongst the crowd. Thank you for posting your feelings and views! August Thurmer

    ReplyDelete