Friday, August 6, 2010

Bible Thumping

"I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for fighting," from Psalm 120 reflects a little bit of what I am feeling when a Facebook friend's status criticizes those who are "Bible thumping," which admittedly I am not sure what that means exactly, but given the context that I also link these posts to my Facebook account, I think it means me. So it's sometimes lonely being a Christian in a world where so many have not been taught the faith or simply reject it. Fortunately, I believe God would give me the strength to persevere on my own if I had to, but I am thankful that so many brothers and sisters in Christ are open to God's calling and continue to give me my strength through their encouragement when He urges them to. My greatest supporter is my wife Nancy, of course, but my children also provide a lot of intrinsic motivation because I want to do what's best for them and make them proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment