Monday, August 2, 2010

Comments

I really enjoyed posting replies to comments posted privately concerning July 26 and 28 because I was actually turned off by the Catholic Church in high school too. My parish was so uncharismatic, and my friends' Presbyterian and Lutheran groups were just much more excited about their faith. So I started researching why some of the different churches believed different things and found that I agreed with more of the Catholic teachings than the others. Fortunately, in college, I found a group of Catholics excited about their faith too, so my original problem was really based on Catholics and not Catholicism. I still have problems with some Catholics because they call themselves Catholics, but but don't believe some of what Catholic Church believes. I think people should decide what they believe is true and then join a church that believes that and not join a church to be told what to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment