Saturday, August 28, 2010

Glenn Beck

This is my commandment: that you should love one another. -John 15:12

This quote stands out in my mind today because a good friend acknowledged on FaceBook that we are called to love one another, but asked how could you love this man (in reference to Glenn Beck). I don't know as much about him as others that may that follow him, but from what little I know he seems like he's far from the epitome of Satan that political opponents make him out to be. He's a Christian, so even if his Christian beliefs as a Mormon differ from yours as a Catholics or Protestant, there are many more similarities than differences.

From what the media has reported, he and those at the rally have spoke in nothing but peaceful terms, whereas critics leading up to the rally and some at the counter rally felt that they could use the KKK and his tea party interchangably. I feel like I'd be grasping at straws to try and respond to that because I don't understand logically where all this anger is coming from. Supporters of MLK that share his race should be proud of his contributions to society to be sure, but those that share his faith should be even more proud because I believe he was a Christian first and placed everything else, even his race, somewhere below that.

No comments:

Post a Comment